Thursday, January 20, 2011

Being a BUM

Helllloooo BLOGWORLD!

I was doing at least 1 blog a day until Monday.  Monday was a bad day!  Monday wasn't supposed to be a bad day, it was so to be my 1st day of freedom after finishing my job I was at for nearly 8 years.  Everything went pretty smoothly with my finishing up.... so that was great.  But then to my surprise on Monday my partner Paul was dismissed from the same company, with no reason given.  That's something I'd love to comment more about, but I cant at present. 

Paul has amazed me with his attitude on "that's the past and time to move forward".  Me on the other hand, I have taken it quite hard.  I feel that I after all the hard work he did and how much he improved the company that it was such a horrible thing to happen.  I just dont understand how people can be so ungrateful and mean.  I guess now I'm learning that that's business and everyone is replaceable.... such a hard lesson to learn though.

Anyways, now onto the "I'm moving on" part.  Yep thats right I went for my 1st job interview in nearly 8 years.  Such a strange feeling because over the last 5 years I have been conducting interviews in my old role.  So to be on the other side of the table again was a very nerve racking experience.  All went well though and the lady loved me :)  So onto the 2nd round I go.  I really hope I go well because the job would be awesome.  I would be leading a National Sales Team who call on Myer, DJ's, Target, Kmart, Big W and other stores that stock homeware type products. *fingers crossed*

So with both Paul and I out of work there is definately no excuse not to keep up our good eating and excercise habits.  Most days we are eating fruit for brekky, salad s/wichs on grain bread and meat & salad for tea.  If we feel the need to have a snack attack we are eating popcorn or an icypole hehe.

It's so great when the weather is good because exercising outside is so much nicer.  We did quite a few laps around the oval tonight.......

RUN Forrest RUN

Since the health kick began 2 wks ago Paul has lost 4.5kgs and I have lost 1.8kgs  :)

XXX

3 comments:

  1. aww bushy, so sorry to hear about Pauly, I bet everything works out even better in the end! you look so cute in your pic, your healthy eating is doing you wonders! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how did you make your header? it's awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have missed your blogs, am so lovin them, all the best, you and Paul will kick arse in whatever you choose to do !!

    ReplyDelete