Sunday, January 9, 2011

Will the Dukan Diet knock off 3kgs...

Is this a myth or fact?

Can a person survive and live their normal life with a protein only diet for 5-10 days?

This is a snap shot of what you are allowed to eat in phase 1 of the diet - The Attack Phase. 




 Turkey
 Chicken
 Ham
 Tuna
 Salmon
 Egg Whites














The attack phase creates a psychological trigger and gives your metabolism a surprise and wake up call.  You can eat from a list of protein foods as much as you want no restricted or limitation through the protein phase. You are allowed non fat dairy products also natural yoghurt and cottage cheese.


My friend Kendall is taking on the challenge.

* Every challenge needs an achievable goal and a plan to achieve *

The Goal - lose 3kgs before a wedding on Feb 26th

KENDALLS PLAN - Week 1


Breakfast: egg white omelette (4 eggs) with chives

Morning Snack: 100gms shaved ham, 100gms shaved turkey/chicken

Just before lunch: small yoghurt

Lunch: tin of tuna, smoked salmon with lemon and protein shake with one and a half tablespoon of bran (key to weight loss and feeling full), it absorbs up to 25 times on average its volume in water so it swells in your stomach to make you feel full quickly.  It also helps you lose calories.

Afternoon: another yoghurt and shaved meat of some sort

Dinner: piece of lean meat kangaroo, fish, chicken, beef (no salad through this phase).

IMPORTANT & A MUST DO: 1 1/2 Litres of water a day to flush out waste and get the kidneys functioning correctly.  Walk 20 minutes a day is prescribed and not just reccomended.

Also you can have coffee or tea with skim milk and sweetener as sugar.


Best of luck with your challenge Kenny and I look forward to seeing how the Dukan works for you xxx
 

4 comments:

  1. Thats great love I have bought all my meat from the vic market this morning and collected my oat bran from pro health at northland shopping centre and my sweetner (xylitol) from a health food shop in chadstone.
    The first week is always the hardest but must be focused and mentally prepared.I know i can do this I want too see if it works.I want to stop having episodes of getting dressed and not feeling comfortable in my clothes before i go out this is not a healthy and comfortable experience for me and my partner Joey. Quote by Kate Moss "nothing tastes better than skinny" or feels better. I will weigh in tomorrow morning for starting weight. Kendall Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a tip for her breakfast, most Coles sell frozen eggwhites. All you need for breakfast is one cup of eggwhites, and one regular egg and that's it. Much easier than separating eggwhites from yolks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if they sell these Noodles in Oz but they'd be worth checking out.. 0 Calories, No carbs and lots of fiber, help you feel full longer! http://www.miraclenoodle.com/?gclid=CKOHr8u_rKYCFR9Ngwod6070lw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best buy ever! I am 71 and had low expectations of losing the unwanted pounds. Within 6 weeks I had lost 20 pounds and as promised in the book, the weight has stayed off. The book is concise and easy to understand with no measuring or weighing. Just plenty to eat. Have recommended it to my friends who are amazed at my new healthy shape. You are never too old to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete