Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shoe Fetish

I have an obsession with shoe's - I own about 150-200 pairs!

I very rarely throw them out because I always think that I may need them 1 day.  It turns out that was a very smart decision....

About 2 months ago a close friend of mine was telling us girls about her "Shoe Guy".  A guy on Facebook contacted her about buying her old, well worn heels.  So she thought, why not I dont wear them so I might as well get money for them, better then throwing them out. When she was telling that story she had already made $500 by selling 5 pairs. Everyone thought it was a great way of making cash. Me on the other hand I thought it was a funny story but never considered it to be something I would do.

I am the prude of the group! So much so my friends call my Charlotte off Sex In The City.

To my surprise on Saturday I got a friend request on Facebook from the "Shoe Guy" and of all people he has chosen me, the prude! LOL. I was initially going to ignore it because I was a little freaked out by it but in the end I thought there is no harm and messaging him "Do I know you". He replied with a detailed messaged about how he likes to buy well worn ladies shoes and that he pays well for them. So obviously my next question was - HOW MUCH? haha. Once I found out it was a cool $100 cash I thought well maybe I can look into this a little deeper. He was very keen for boots, so I went upstairs and started photographing boots that I don't wear anymore...



He chose the longer pair and gave me the details on where to drop them off and where the cash would be. Here's photos on how the drop off went today >



On the way to the drop off
 
Getting a pair out to change into
 
Ready to do the swap

Leave the boots in the garage

Cash is the letterbox

$100 CASH

Operation - "Leave The Boot To Get The Loot" complete :)

XX 

3 comments:

  1. Love it love what a great way to spend your last day of not working getting paid for your old shoes. Great blog. Kendall xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Dont know how you parted with the boots but $100 cool hard cash is lovely. Awesome work Bianca xx

    ReplyDelete