Friday, March 4, 2011

My Unloved Blog

Hi all!!

My poor poor blog.  It has had no love for ages! :(

Strange really because it's not like I haven't had time to do a blog because I have.  I've been really distracted and a little stressed about looking for a new job and really haven't felt like blogging.

Most of my friends would know, but not a lot of my readers and my Twitter buddies (Follow- @BloggerliciousB) would know.  I was working in the hardware industry for a supplier.  I started there as a Merchandiser calling on Bunnings stores in Victoria and in nearly 8 years worked my way up to leading the Southern Region Sales Team.  I had a great job and a great team to work with.  Your probably wondering why I left then.

Well....

I'm a very passionate and loyal person who works extremely hard for the brand I represent.  But things started to change and things just weren't the same anymore.  Which is really sad because I believe culture is one of the most important factors of a successful company.  I'd love to say more, but I should play it safe.

Anyway I do appreciate what the company did for me while I was there and I'll never forget the support they gave me.

So it's time for a new chapter in my life.  I have left the hardware industry behind and will miss all the great people in it.  But time to look forward to hopefully getting similar job in a different industry.  One that is not so male dominated for a change :)

I had my 4th interview yesterday for a National Field Sales Leader position in the Homewares industry.  I have never interviewed for a executive level postion before and it's such a big process.  It has however been a nice process and have really enjoyed the interviews.  I think when looking for a job it's important to ask yourself if your the right person for this company and its equally important to ask yourself is this the right company for me?  Well I have asked myself these 2 questions and answered:

YES
YES

So now I'm nervously waiting my fate today.  I have every bone in my body crossed and I know my friends and family do also and their fingers are starting to hurt hehe. 

XXX




No comments:

Post a Comment