Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Myer buys Sass and Bide WTF!!

I have only just found out that my favourite label Sass and Bide is now owned by Myer.  Myer bought it for 42.5m and now own 65% of it.  I guess my concern is that will this change the brand?  Will the Sass and Bide label be as exclusive as it's always been or will it become mass market?  It's reported that the design team are staying on, but you wonder how long will they stay for....

I really hope that the Sass and Bide label continues to produce beautiful and unaffordable clothing because it wouldn't have the impact if they changed it. 

I saw a tee today that I wanted to buy for $150 in David Jones, but I guess I might hold off for the moment cause DJ's would be absolutely spewing on this and will probably want to quit the stock quick.  And you guessed it I'll be there to snap up the bargains :)

Here's the top I want:

1 comment: